World Bank predicted that at the end of the 21st Century residents who will live in urban areas are estimated to be 70%. Results of the 2010 Census, 49.9% of Indonesia’s population already lives in urban areas. The population of the city has sharply increased while the unexpanded space and urban areas have caused social, spatial and ecological conflicts. This condition is exacerbated by ego-centric development management which leads to intra-sectoral conflicts that often arise more seriously.
The complexity of urban development makes us aware of applying a multidisciplinary approach as a new paradigm. Cities should not be seen solely on its physical dimensions, but also they must be seen vertically, horizontally, and between interconnected disciplines, including social, economic and ecological sectors. If this approach is actualized, it is expected to have a socially and environmentally friendly city which trigger the economic and income-generating activities.
To answer this problem, in the 91/92 Academic Year, Hasanuddin University opened the Urban Studies and Planning Masters Program which is the specialization program under the Regional Development Planning study program. On 21 October 1993, the Urban Management (MaP) study program was officially recognized based on the Directorate General of Higher Education Decree number 591 / DIKTI / Kep / 1993.
In collaboration with a number of local governments and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) in Richmond Virginia, USA in USAID’s Urban Management Linkage Programs 1992-1997, MaP has produced dozens of science masters who have obtained strategic positions in various agencies / institutions especially in eastern Indonesia.
In 2000, based on the National Accreditation Agency Letter No. 145 / BAN-DT / VI / 2000 dated June 6, 2000 MaP obtained accreditation as the superior study program.
“BECOME AN EXCELLENT URBAN MANAGEMENT STUDY PROGRAM CHARACTERIZED ON CULTURAL AND MARITIME ENVIRONMENTS IN 2022.”
- Organizing an Urban Management master program with a culture and maritime characteristic where the graduates have the competence as a bureaucrat, researcher, or as a professional manager of an urban development sector based on a multidisciplinary approach.
- DEVELOPING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY THAT FOCUSES ON THE ISSUE OF MARITIME CITY MANAGEMENT THROUGH RESEARCH ACTIVITIES OR SCIENTIFIC WRITING OF QUALITY ARTICLES.
- DEVELOPING URBAN MANAGEMENT SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY FOR THE COMMUNITY AND URBAN STAKEHOLDERS THROUGH ADVOCACY AND ADAPTIVE APPLICATIONS.
After graduated, the alumni are expected to obtain these competencies
After graduation, a Master of Science degree in Urban Management science is expected to have a holistic thinking base and be able to apply it in urban management to create a socially friendly city, an increased economy, and a sustainable comfortable environment
- In the aspect of human resources, it is expected that the graduate is able to apply the concept of participatory urban society in a holistic framework
- In the aspect of public policy, graduate is expected to be able to apply decision making and public policy that are synergistic and to coordinate between sectors vertically and horizontally.
- In the economic and financial aspects of the city, the graduate is expected to be able to encourage an increase in the economy of urban communities and city revenues while considering the existence of sustainable natural resources
- In spatial and environmental aspects, the graduate is expected to be able to apply sustainable environment-based spatial planning
- In the aspect of infrastructure, the graduate is expected to be able to apply the concept of integrated and holistic urban infrastructure development to be a safe place, comfortable, healthy city.
A. Bachelors Graduate
Candidate has a Bachelor’s degree obtained at a State University / Private Institution which has a bachelor’s examination that meets the requirements set by the Ministry of National Education or a graduate of a foreign institution whose diploma has been approved and is considered equivalent to a diploma in Indonesia by Ministry of National Education.
For foreign participants, additional provisions apply that those concerned have mastered Bahasa Indonesia and obtained permission from the Ministry of National Education.
B. Relevant Study Program
Because of the nature of the Urban Management based on a multi-disciplinary approach, the relevant study programs are as follow:
- Social Politics; Administration, Government and Sociology;
- Economy ; Economy and Development, Management, and Accounting;
- Law: State Administration, Environmental Law
- Geography: Physic, Social
- Agricultures; Forestry
- Engineering; Planology, Architecture, Environmental Health, Civil, Transportation, Real Estate, Landscape Architecture, Informatics.
- College of Tourism, Tourism Business, Tourism Development
- STPDN or D4 lainnya
Other undergraduate study programs will be considered with the relevance of the prospective work area.
- Bachelor degree (S1 thesis path) from an accredited institution.
- English language skills and academic abilities in accordance with the provisions of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University
- Pass the selection test of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University.
- Never declared dropping out of study in one of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University Study Programs or other postgraduate universities.
- The bachelor graduates of Hasanuddin University with the title of the best graduates in the last two years would be able to continue their education at the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University in the same field of science without an entrance examination.
- Online form;
- Copy of identity card;
- Copy of family card;
- One (1) Copy of Diploma and Transcipt legalized by authority;
- One (1) Copy of Accreditation Letter of Initial Study Program and Institution;
- Permit from authorized supervisors for civil servants or employees;
- Recommendation letter of academic eligibility (from 2 people);
- TOEFL and TPA scores (if available and still valid);
- Certificate of Health
- Three (3) pieces of photo size 3×4 with red background;
- Hardcopy of research plans;
- Letter of statement for not being registered as a student in one of the study programs at Hasanuddin University
To obtain an M.Si degree, students must complete 42 credits (including a 6 credit of thesis) with the following curriculum structure:
|1.||Research Methodology and Philosophy of Science||3||I|
|2.||Theories and Principles of Urban Management||3||I|
|4.||Research Result Seminar||4||II|
|5.||International Publications||5||III & IV|
|6.||Thesis||9||III & IV|
Optional Courses (maximum 10 credits)
|2||New Settlements and Cities||2||I|
|3||Urban Economics and Finance||2||I|
|8||Coastal Environment and Climate Change||2||II|
|9||City Spatial Planning||2||II|
* Notes : Duration of Study around 3 to 8 Semester.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Ananto Yudono, M.Eng.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. S. Trisutomo
- Prof. Ir. Bambang Heryanto, M.Sc., Ph.D.
- Prof. Dr. M. Syahrul, M. Agr.
- Prof. Dr. Tahir Kasnawi, SU.
- Prof. Dr. Ing. M. Yamin Jinca, MS.Tr.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Mary Selintung, M.Sc.
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Shirly Wunas, DEA.
- Dr. Ir. Roland A. Barkey
- Prof. Deddy T. Tikson, Ph.D.
- Dr. Paulus Upun, M.Sc.
- Dr.Tech. Yashinta Sutopo, ST., MIS.
The tuition fee is Rp. 7.500.000 per semester
Registration is open from February to April and from October to November. Online payment of the selection exam fee of Rp. 750,000, – through BTN Bank throughout Indonesia to get a user ID and password (on proof of payment). Furthermore, it required to fill in the online registration form through http://pasca.unhas.ac.id by using the user ID and password after payment.
REGULAR AFTERNOON CLASS
To adjust time with employees, the Regular Afternoon Class is opened on Fridays to Sundays
Can be obtained from the Administration Section of the Graduate School of Hasanuddin University, Perintis Kemerdekaan, UNHAS Tamalanrea Makassar Campus 90245 Tel. (0411) 585034 – 585036 Fax. : (0411) 585868. e-mail: email@example.com website: http://pasca.unhas.ac.id
Dekan : Prof. Dr. Ir. Jamaluddin Jompa, M.Sc.
- Vice Dean for Academic, Research, and Scientific Publication: Prof. Dr. Ir. Laode Asrul, M.P.
- Vice Dean for Planning, Finance and Resources : Prof. Dr. Hamka Naping, M.A.
- Vice Dean for Innovation, Student, Alumni and Partnership: Prof. Dr. Ing. Herman Parung, M.Eng.
Head of Study Program : Prof. Dr. Ir. Slamet Trisutomo, M.S.
MASTER STUDY PROGRAM
Jl. Perintis Kemerdekaan, Km. 10
Campus UNHAS Tamalanrea, Makassar 90245
Telp. (0411) 585034 – 585036 Fax. : (0411) 585868.
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org://pasca.unhas.ac.id
Akademic Year 2018/2019